Procedures for 2019 Tax Certificate Sale
of 2018 Real Properties in Orange County, FL
Authorization: Florida Statue 197.432 (16)
The sale shall be in compliance with the procedures provided in the reference chapter
Advertising Dates: May 10, May 17, and May 24, 2019, published in the West Orange Times.
Location: Internet Site http://orangefl.realtaxlien.com/ Site developed and sale conducted by Realauction.com.
Sale Date and Time: Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 AM until all certificates are issued.
- IRS form W-9 is required for each Social Security Number.
- One bidding number is allowed per Social Security or Employer Identification Number.
- Deposits must be submitted on website electronically (ACH) in US Funds on a US banking institution.
- Bidders registering under Employer ID Numbers (EINs) must either provide a Florida Secretary of State registration (document) number or, if the entity is not registered with the Secretary of State, complete an affidavit [link].
- Bidders must be registered (http://orangefl.realtaxlien.com/).
- The Tax Collector requires a minimum deposit of $1,000.00 or 10% of intended purchases, whichever is greater, to be posted through the auction website for each EIN or Social Security bidding number.
- The lowest rate of interest bid will be awarded the tax certificate. Interest starts at 18% and is bid down to zero percent. Per F.S. 194.472 (2), the mandatory charge of 5% does not apply to any interest rate bid of zero percent. Bids of zero percent will earn zero interest. Bids shall be accepted in even and fractional increments of quarter-percentage points.
- Certificates will be sold in sequential order as they appear in the newspaper. The face amount of each certificate is equal to the gross tax, interest, advertising, and the cost of the sale.
- Registered bidders will be able to compile their list of items and percentage amounts on Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 up until the day of the sale, Wednesday, April 10th, 2019.
- The auction will consist of batches of approximately 2,500 items. The first batch commences at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 and batches continue hourly until the close of the sale.
Close of Sale:
- Upon the completion of the Tax Certificate Sale, the Tax Collector's Office will reconcile the accounts with Realauction. Bidders will then be notified of certificates purchased. The tax certificate will be issued to the party as entered on the website registration page.
- Final payment is due electronically (ACH) via the website within 48 hours of sale completion and reconciliation.
At the conclusion of the sale, bidders will get an unofficial total of their purchases via email from Realauction. The official notice will be provided by the Tax Collector's Office via email.
This is not a sale of land, but a lien for the amount of delinquent taxes.
Any holder of a Tax Certificate who, prior to the date two years after April 1 of the year of issuance of the tax certificate, initiates, or whose agent initiates, contact with the property owner upon which he or she holds a certificate encouraging or demanding payment may be barred by the Tax Collector from bidding at a tax certificate sale. [F.S. 197.432 (15)]
Caution to Certificate Buyers
There are risks involved with buying certificates. Those risks are borne solely by the bidding entity.
Summary of Important Dates
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Buy Now|
|0% bids use proxy system||Yes|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||Yes||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||Open All Year|
|Deposits or budgets begin||06/27/2018 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||06/26/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits or budgets end||04/10/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Registrations end||04/10/2020 at 10:00 AM ET|
|First batch closes||04/10/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Batch closing interval||NA|
|Last batch closes (auction ends)||04/10/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Payment due date||04/10/2019 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit required (% of estimated winnings)||10%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$1,000.00|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemption available via ACH||No|
|Public computers available|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.