Procedures for 2021 Tax Certificate Sale
of 2020 Real Properties in Orange County, FL
Authorization: Florida Statue 197.432 (16)
The sale shall be in compliance with the procedures provided in the reference chapter
Advertising Dates: Wednesdays May 12, May 19, and May 26, 2021, published in the West Orange Times.
Location: Internet Site http://orangefl.realtaxlien.com/ Site developed and sale conducted by Realauction.com.
Sale Date and Time: Friday, April 8th, 2022 from 4:00 PM to 4:00 PM until all certificates are issued.
- IRS form W-9 is required for each Social Security Number.
- One bidding number is allowed per Social Security or Employer Identification Number.
- Deposits must be submitted on website electronically (ACH) in US Funds on a US banking institution.
- Bidders registering under Employer ID Numbers (EINs) must provide either a Florida Secretary of State registration (document) number emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or, if the entity is not registered with the Secretary of State, complete an affidavit [HERE].
- Bidders must be registered (http://orangefl.realtaxlien.com/).
- The Tax Collector requires a minimum deposit of $1,000.00 or 10% of intended purchases, whichever is greater, to be posted through the auction website for each EIN or Social Security bidding number.
- The lowest rate of interest bid will be awarded the tax certificate. Interest starts at 18% and is bid down to zero percent. Per F.S. 194.472 (2), the mandatory charge of 5% does not apply to any interest rate bid of zero percent. Bids of zero percent will earn zero interest. Bids shall be accepted in even and fractional increments of quarter-percentage points.
- Certificates will be sold in sequential order as they appear in the newspaper. The face amount of each certificate is equal to the gross tax, interest, advertising, and the cost of the sale.
- Registered bidders will be able to compile their list of items and percentage amounts on Friday, June 25th, 2021 up until the day of the sale, Friday, April 8th, 2022.
- The auction will consist of batches of approximately 2,500 items. The first batch commences at 4:00 PM on Friday, April 8th, 2022 and batches continue hourly until the close of the sale.
Close of Sale:
- Upon the completion of the Tax Certificate Sale, the Tax Collector's Office will reconcile the accounts with Realauction. Bidders will then be notified of certificates purchased. The tax certificate will be issued to the party as entered on the website registration page.
- Final payment is due electronically (ACH) via the website within 48 hours of sale completion and reconciliation.
At the conclusion of the sale, bidders will get an unofficial total of their purchases via email from Realauction. The official notice will be provided by the Tax Collector's Office via email.
This is not a sale of land, but a lien for the amount of delinquent taxes.
Any holder of a Tax Certificate who, prior to the date two years after April 1 of the year of issuance of the tax certificate, initiates, or whose agent initiates, contact with the property owner upon which he or she holds a certificate encouraging or demanding payment may be barred by the Tax Collector from bidding at a tax certificate sale. [F.S. 197.432 (15)]
Caution to Certificate Buyers
There are risks involved with buying certificates. Those risks are borne solely by the bidding entity.
Summary of Important Dates
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Buy Now|
|0 value bids use proxy system||Yes|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||Yes||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||Open All Year|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets begin||06/25/2021 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||06/25/2021 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets end**||
04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET
|Participation Requirements Due Date||04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Batch closing interval||NA|
|Last batch closes||04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Auxiliary batch opens (If applicable)||N/A|
|Auxiliary batch closes (If applicable)||N/A|
|Payment due date||04/08/2022 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||10%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$1,000.00|
|Registration Fee Refundable||Yes|
|Registration Fee Applied to Winnings||Yes|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemptions available via ACH?||No|
|Public computers available|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
For an explanation of any of the terms above, please visit the FAQs.
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.